Quality and Value. These are the driving forces behind the meat program at Piggly Wiggly Alabama Distributing Company. Meat is the “center of the plate” at every meal and we want to offer the best for our retail partners and their customers. From Certified Angus Beef to our premier pork to the freshest poultry available, we buy from the best suppliers in the meat industry to insure the quality and consistency we demand for our retailers.
Our reputation is on the line every time one of your customers buys meat from your store to serve their family and we will not disappoint them or you. We deal with the premier suppliers in the meat industry and partner with them to provide our retailers with the right items and the right price every day.
Our professional meat buying and marketing staff have over 65 years’ experience in the meat industry. Our team has experience not only in buying and merchandising but also on the firing line every day at retail, meeting the needs of the customers. Our staff understands the needs of the retail supermarket operator and we are committed to meeting your needs. We have the experience at both the retail and wholesale levels to help make our customers successful. We are attentive and responsive to your desires and work hard every day to earn and keep your business.
Beef, Pork and Poultry
- Primary Beef Suppliers – JBS Swift and Cargill Excel
- Largest Distributor of Certified Angus Beef in the Southeast
- Pig Alabama Has Programs for USDA Select, USDA Choice and CAB Beef
- Economy Imported Beef Is Also Available
- Primary Pork Suppliers – Cargill Excel, JBS Swift and Smithfield Companies
- Primary Poultry Suppliers – Fieldale Farms Chill Pack and CVP Product
Processed and Frozen Meats
- Largest Selection of Processed and Frozen Meats in the Southeast
- Our Goal Is to be “First in the Market” for New Items
- Extensive Selection of Private Label Products
- Holiday Turkeys and Hams Available Through Bookings to Provide Best Cost Solutions
- Ribs for the Summer Selling Season Purchased at the Low Point of the Pork Markets Annually
Marketing and Merchandising
- Three Major Food Shows Each Year – All Major Suppliers Participate to Provide Great Deals and Programs That You Can Customize for Your Specific Marketing Area
- Weekly Ad Planners Are Provided to Assist the Retailer in Creating an Aggressive and Exciting Ad Plan
- Cutting Tests Are Provided for Features to Insure Competitive Retails and Profitability
- Pick 5 Program Available and Updated Weekly
- Category Managers Available to Work with Your Team to Customize an Ad Program for Your Location and Demographics
- 98% for Meat, Poultry and Seafood
- Pig Alabama’s Service Level Is Unmatched in the Industry